Wednesday 17 February 2010

I love you more than...

It’s that time of year again. Spring is around the corner, January blues have been stored away ready for an unsightly appearance next year and the shops are filled with roses, hearts and all things lovely. And by lovely, I mean love-ly. As much of a corporate event Valentine’s Day is, when it comes around every year there are always those feelings of ‘what if’ and ‘maybe this year will be the one for me’, but that was not the case this year. It wasn’t the case last year either. But this year is different.

A singleton and selfish with it (come on, being single is fun as well, probably more fun..), this year I spent Valentine’s Day with my girlfriends. Secret Cupid treated us all as we bought each other gifts and cards, had a breakfast date and went for a very enjoyable meal and a drink in the pub. It may not be the height of romance in the eyes of Montague and Capulet, but it was good enough for me.

So as the spring birds sing their songs of love and the couples indulge in the air of Valentine’s; I revelled in the love between friends.

And if all else fails, it’s Pancake Day on Tuesday so I can revel in a bit of Mardi gras instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment