Tuesday 23 June 2009

Team Meyer!


I wrote of recent events leading to unexpected discoveries about myself and my interests. An avid love for reading is a certain contender in this.

It is bizarrely usual for me to read more in the Summer months of the year, but as seasonally inevitable that it may be, this year has seen a reinvention of this ethos into something which brings me to categorise reading as a hobby.

My recent fiction-addiction wilfully became the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. A writer who is immersed in undoubted talent and an extraordinary imagination, which easily rivals J.K Rowling and her Harry Potter series.

The four book saga; Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (my personal favourite, although to choose is a task in itself) is a brilliant encapsulation of what real raw talent and sheer genius is.

One review announces the saga to be hypnotic, dreamy prose, which captures perfectly the teenage feeling of sexual tension and alienation. My agreement on this is assured.

Meyer creates a world of supernatural happenings surrounded by a new twist on the teenage vampire saga, laid upon an inspiring story of true love. A formula destined for success as proved by the best-selling series and one which immersed me and many others from beginning to end.

Rest assured, once you start reading these books, it becomes a temporary way of life, a definite challenge to put them down. A daily fix of the fabulously written prose, which readers can really relate to, is utterly necessary. This, to me is a sure-fire sign of novel-genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment