Tuesday 31 August 2010

Come on Julian, be nice

Julian Macdonald, acclaimed fashion designer and a regular judge on Project Runway and now Britain's Next Top Model, has always, in my mind, come across as rather rude and unnecassary.

His latest tactless jibes on BNTM have left me with very little respect for the Welsh designer (even if his AW10 collection is lust-worthy).

Calling BNTM contestant, Charlotte Holmes overweight is simply below the belt (no pun intended) and totally misguided.

He said that she had a rather rounded bottom and that this is not what catwalk models are made of. What happened to the fashion world being against the waif craze?

Tearful Charlotte hit back and said, "I don't want to be a size four, I am happy the way I am."

Well, J, I'm sure the lovely curvacious Tyra would have a few things to say to you.

Just be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment