Monday 2 August 2010

Lately I'm loving...waistcoats

Gone are the days when wearing a waistcoat was resigned to waitresses and white collar professionals and here are the days where a waistcoat can transform a casual outfit from absolutely average (if yet still chic and stylish) to absolutely fabulous.

For AW10 I am covetting a sheepskin waistcoat which I have not yet come across, but I am on the look out.

Right now, I am loving a simple grey cotton waistcoat courtesy of Matalan (yes, Matalan), a black and gold embellished one that I bought from H&M months ago for something like £15 and a cream leatherette New Look number which I snapped up in the sale. I even took my hand to revamping an old lace vest and made it into a super stylish waistcoat (see: Make do and mend).

After much more online window shopping and much less online spending, I have lined up my five favourite styles circa now. Covet away.






[Top-bottom: Topshop, £45, Mango, £37.90, New Look, Sale price £25, Miss Selfridge, £30, Love Label at Very.co.uk £35]


No comments:

Post a Comment