Wednesday 19 May 2010

Destination Five: Re-living the childhood

Whoever said fun and games were just for the kids were wrong. What better way to end a week of adventures by joining them and splashing around at Sandcastles Indoor Water Park, Blackpool.

While I was admittedly excited to take to the slides, I did also have some doubts about how exciting the park would actually be. Wet and Wild in South Shields, Newcastle is a lot to live up to and I haven't been there since God knows when- so for a 20 year old uni student, Sandcastles had a job to entertain.

And entertain it did. After donning my new H! by Henry Holland (see Destination Four entry) swim suit, I took to the slides, the wave pool, the world's longest water slide rollercoaster (apparantly) and finally the relaxing steam room and sauna. Not bad for a day in Blackpool.

So the fun and games previously dedicated to the under 16s were for the day mine. I think I did the student body proud by tackling the most 'daring and dangerous' rides at Sandcastles. Daring and dangerous. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment